As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The Holidays are here & who doesn’t enjoy festive decorations?
I recently went to a married couples holiday party and helped create these easy-to-make centerpieces.
If you’re decorating for Christmas or New Years this could be a fun and quick project.
– Face Paint Mask
– Empty Wine Bottles
– Card Board Box
– Spray Paint
– Left over holiday decorations or
Small decorative pieces from Dollar Store
– Table Chargers
– Comfort Spray Grip Accessory
STEP 1: Gather Empty Wine Bottles
Soak the empty wine bottles in water to get the paper off or peel off the paper and take the excess paper off with rubbing alcohol.
STEP 2: Spray Paint Bottles
– Apply a small covering over the area you will spray paint (plastic recommended).
– Place the cardboard box on top.
– You may want to wear a paint mask to avoid inhaling the fumes of the spray paint.
– Take your first bottle and place in the center of box and begin to spray paint.
TIP: If you are spray painting multiple bottles I recommend using the Comfort Spray Grip Accessory. It attaches to the top of the spray can & aids in preventing your hands from getting tired after holding the small circular applicator down over a long period of time.
– Apply two coats to each bottle for full coverage and allow to dry for about an hour before decorating.
For our bottles, we used two cans of Restoleum spray paint in Metallic Silver and one can of White.
You can pick up 1-2 cans of spray paint in any color you like, since you most likely will not be painting as many bottles as we did. If you watched the video above, you may have noticed we placed the bottles in an old cardboard box to spray paint them. This was done on our balcony & helped prevent the excess spray paint from ruining the balcony paint. It was also better than placing a tarp down over a large section of the balcony.
STEP 3: Decorate
– Grab whatever left over holiday ornaments/decor you have around the house.
– Take your first bottle and begin to insert your holiday decorative pieces inside the top of the bottles. You can also apply letters to the front of the bottles to spell out a word. Get creative, your what you have, don’t stress and have fun with it!
– Once decorated, you can place the bottles directly on top of the table by themselves or in clusters of 3-4 bottles. You can also place them on top of plate chargers for a more sophisticated look.
For our Centerpieces, I placed three bottles on top of a plate charger. I then inserted colored sticks, green garland pieces & cranberry decorations in the top of the bottles. I added red string around the necks of some of the bottles for a pop of color. For a little extra pizzaz I added a few small christmas tree balls around the chargers and put the words “Believe”, “Love” & “Joy” around the bottles.
Another project that can be done for minimal cost and where there are absolutely NO RULES! Just Guidelines! Hope this helps with your holiday decorating!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.