As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The Super Bowl is this week and I could’t be more excited!! I recently threw my husband a surprise football themed birthday party! Whether you’re going big or small Sunday, these decorating ideas will most certainly make your Super Bowl party stand out! Our guests really enjoyed them!!
**Yes, my hubby is a real Eagles fan and I’m a real Patriots fan! Our house is currently DIVIDED! We can not wait until Sunday to see who will prevail! Secretly I already know! ;o)
– Nerf football (dollar tree)
– Vase (dollar Tree)
– Glue Gun
– Silver Spray Paint
– Glass Vase
– Yellow Napkins
– Print black and white stripes on piece of paper
– Left over grass Turf from runner
Create Turf Square as base for table centerpiece
– Cut out a square from your turf. Place two pieces of painters tape about 1 inch apart (horizontally) and spray paint a white line or apply the acrylic paint with paint brush to create white line. (I used spray paint, it was faster and drys quickly).
Create Vince Lombardi Super Bowl Trophy
– Take nerf football, glue on top of vase at a slight angle with glue gun. (It will dry immediately)
– Spray paint entire piece with 2 coats of silver spray paint. Don’t spray to close to avoid drip marks.
– Place some yellow ‘referee’ napkins into a small glass vase lined with a strip of black and white striped paper. Guests will find it useful and convenient while they nibble on snacks.
– Add a goal post to complete the look & for some added fun!
Rather than spend lots of money on a huge professionally made cake, I ordered a small 7in cake top and surrounded in with bite size brownies I personalized.
Grab a 32ct package of bite size brownies (I purchased from Costco) and some white cookie icing from local grocery store.
With the white icing, apply one solid line down the middle of a brownie bite and then apply three solid lines across that line in the opposite direction. Repeat on all your brownie bites until you have the appropriate amount for your party.
DIY CONSSESION STAND:
I saw this EASY idea on Pinterest and had to include it. I cut out the “Concessions” printable and added it to some ribbon to hang. I grabbed 4 crates from Michaels, added some candy, chips and small bottles of water. No fuss and easy for your guests to access throughout the party! Oh and I added some orange game cones for a little extra flare. Popcorn boxes are from Dollar Tree. The Eagles Pillow is ONLY there because it was my hubby’s birthday. I do not endorse them! ;o) GO PATS!
DIY ENTRYWAY RUNNER:
Guests will feel like they are at the Super Bowl Stadium with this custom made DIY Entry Way Turf!
– A roll of Artificial Grass Synthetic Lawn Turf Carpet (Grabbed mine from Home depot for $18)
– White spray Paint
– 1oz bottle of white acrylic paint (Michaels)
– Small aPaint Brush
– Painters Tape
– Determine how wide you would like the runner and cut to that measurement.
– Create Yard & End Lines you see on the football filed
END LINES: Place two pieces of painters tape about 1 inch apart (horizontally) and spray paint a white line or apply the acrylic paint with paint brush to create white line. (I used spray paint, it was faster and drys quickly). Repeat this step about every 20 inches until you reach the end of the turf.
YARD LINES: Take small paint brush and apply a few white lines about 1 in long to represent your yard lines. (Just eyeball it, no need to get precise on measurements, it’s only a runner!)
*To make my runner a little longer I cut two pieces of turk from my 5-7 carpet and taped them together from the back with masking tape.
Hope you are inspired by some of these ideas! If you try them out please post to Instagram and tag @myeye4diy, I’d love to see what everyone is creating.
Have a great Super Bowl Sunday!!! GO PATS!!!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.